Sunday, February 23, 2014

I loved my Aunt Dollie, she was like a randma to me...

MY AUNT DOLLIE
Let’s go see Aunt Dollie, I’d hear my mom say.
Then we’d rush to the car and be on our way.
To her quaint little house set off by itself,
And we’d awe at the treasures she had on each shelf.
The cuckoo clock, and the paints by dear Uncle Les,
The curios, and the handwork, quite a collection I’d guess.
 
Then there was the outside, the green grass and trees,
Each year planting a garden and raking up leaves.
I was taught well how to work as I helped you one year.
But those times to me are special memories held dear
To my heart as I think of all the things we have done,
And if you remember the good things, life’s been quite fun.
Remember the good, don’t dwell on the bad,
Remember the fun and the good times we’ve had.
 
I wanted to express my love face to face,
But not being able to, this poem takes the place
Of expressing the love I hold deep in my heart
For you, dear Aunt Dollie, now that we are apart.
 
Rochelle Halling
March 23, 1987