Friday, September 11, 2015

9/11

I was getting ready for work and heard on the radio news that there had been an accident in New York City.  I got up to watch the TV and saw the second plane hit the second tower.  They said it was a terrorist attack.  I called Shauna, Jalene (worKing at IRS) and mom to make sure that they were also watching the news.  By that point the news on the TV said there had been some kind of explosion at the Pentagon – I was watching the National News when that happened.  My employer had registered me for an all-day seminar at the Little America Hotel (Salt Lake City) for my Insurance License CE credits.  I finished getting ready and when I got to the hotel for my classes, everyone said all the planes had been grounded. I went to the classes and had lunch but they sent us home because of the attacks. I watched TV the rest of the day at home and just cried but my family was all safe.